THE FILTER IS CLOGGED
Just about all of the news we receive today is gathered and filtered by two major sources, the Associated Press and Thompson Reuters. It then gets distributed to all of their corresponding affiliates where it goes through another filter based on the ideology and agenda of each particular organization.
It’s gotten so bad lately that some of the news is even allowed to be filtered or even created by the actual subject of the story. A simple google search for “reporters coordinating with the Hillary campaign” – a pretty big story by anyone’s standards – will yield 584,000 results. One funny thing though is that the AP and Reuters, along with their largest and most “respected” affiliates – NYT, CNN, WaPo, Politico, NBC, CBS or ABC – are missing on the first several pages of agencies reporting on this story. Could the reason be that THEY were the actual story?
According to the Gateway Pundit (photo credit) link provided below: Wikileaks’ release of hacked Podesta emails, shows that as many as 65 of the most prominent mainstream media reporters were working very closely with the Hillary Clinton campaign and never disclosed it.
It’s very difficult for a thinking person to read or listen to news reports without questioning the content. I for one, listen for key words, subtle hints or an outright omission of facts when I consume news, and seek background information to confirm or deny what is being reported – not everybody puts as much effort into it and that’s what these purveyors of deceit rely upon. Unfortunately in the case above, it took illegally obtained emails to bring those facts to light, a vetting source that is obviously not regularly obtainable. Imagine how much more there is that we still don’t or never will know about?
Hillary Clinton, along with some of the above mentioned mainstream press members, are now implying that fake news was the reason for her astounding loss to Donald Trump on November 8th. Yes, Hillary, the person who claimed that she – had to dodge sniper fire in Bosnia, an internet video was the sole reason for our Embassy being attacked by radical Islamists (resulting in the death of our Libyan Ambassador and 3 other brave men), and that she never sent or received classified material on her private server, is lamenting the fact that “fake news” is a threat to our democracy and her media chorus is belting out the background vocals.
So just who are these people that we are supposed to trust when it comes to the unbiased reporting of critical news? According to a poll done by The Center For Public Integrity in October, 2016: “In all, people identified in federal campaign finance filings as journalists, reporters, news editors or television news anchors — as well as other donors known to be working in journalism — have combined to give more than $396,000 to the presidential campaigns of Clinton and Trump. Nearly all of that money — more than 96 percent — has benefited Clinton: About 430 people who work in journalism have, through August, combined to give about $382,000 to the Democratic nominee, the Center for Public Integrity’s analysis indicates.” How can you so openly root for one candidate over another and then cover an election objectively? You can’t.
WHERE DOES THE FAKE NEWS COME FROM
(PHOTO BREITBART NEWS)
Although Fox News has been blamed for just about everything from the Lincoln assassination to the the water crisis in Flint, Michigan, they do not seem to be the source of anything that even resembles fake news. On the contrary, the same outlets complaining about fake news stories seem the source of many of them. A Breitbart News story from November of this year highlights “12” such examples of fake stories by the mainstream media. (Link)
WHO I TRUST FOR HONEST STRAIGHTFORWARD NEWS
Depending on the time of day you consume your news, here are some of my top choices for honest news reporting, challenging debate, and thought provoking discussion. Whatever your political affiliation, give them a try and you’ll soon see why.
- 12:00 pm: Rush Limbaugh is the master of breaking down topics, understanding issues and foreseeing future patterns. Rush can make a case for the truth without favoritism or insulting any potential skeptics by laying out all the facts in a coherent manner through detailed explanation.
- 3:00 pm: Michael Savage is the king of the philosophical aspect of critical issues. Extremely smart, funny and quirky at times. Savage is also very nostalgic and a fantastic story teller.
- 6:00 pm: Bret Baier, is a straight shooting news man, period end of story. He delivers the news as it is without any apparent bias, he’s professional and covers all the important issues, not the junk stories. I’m not a big fan of some of the folks who appear on his panel, but I certainly respect Bret as a news anchor.
- 7:00 pm: Tucker Carlson is not new to the business but just got his own TV show (deservedly so) at the 7 pm hour. Tucker is extremely intelligent and he only takes the side of the debate that is the logical side, whether it be left or right – it’s hard to debate someone who is not ideologically married to one side of an issue all the time, if you know what I mean – his youth and boyish charm is somewhat disarming for his opponents, but don’t be fooled, Tucker is as much a badger as he is a lamb.
- 9:00 am Sunday Mornings: Michael Smerconish tends to have a slightly leftward slant, but often has in depth and intriguing discussion on matters which are sometimes not covered thoroughly enough by other outlets.
- Outside of TV and radio, Ann Coulter is a must read for her intelligence, politically incorrect sarcasm and brilliant wit. Certainly hard right leaning, but can often be found trolling the liberal venues like MSNBC or on Bill Maher’s show ‘cutting heads’ over controversial issues. She loves the action.
WHO I RECOMMEND TO AVOID
Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo and every network news anchor on ABC, NBC and CBS.